Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Angel Beats Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Visual Novel Suggestions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

Visual Novel Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 am

anyone suggest any really good Visual Novels?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pupppetmaster12?feature=mhum
J3N0V4

J3N0V4

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Chaos Head is a personal favorite, the anime was average but the VN is by far one of the best
Back to top Go down
Dwi_Edge

Dwi_Edge

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 am

any genre or your preferred art (gimme some example)

and I can give some sample of your taste Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.craneanime.co.nr
TaigaAis

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:14 am

This is a kinetic one, but this is the best VN that I ever played(and it's free) title;

Narcisuu
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:44 am

I haven't played through much VNs yet, but these are the best among those I have.

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
Spoiler:
Incredible. Just incredible. It surely lives up to its fame of being one of the most high-rated VNs at The Visual Novel Database. The plot was ultimately epic. It has bizzare twists l would never have expected in my whole life. There are also many emotional scenes which are accompanied with a large array of wonderful soundtracks. The characters were also wonderful, the result of brilliant artwork and intricately planned personalities. It teaches the importance of family bonds, love, determination and friendship. This is a visual novel l definitely woudn't reccomend not playing.

Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~
Spoiler:
One of the many excellent VNs produced by Key. Its a kinetic novel, meaning you can just lounge on the couch and let it run by itself. It has some problems with the voice and sentence synchronization, but that itself is no reason for anyone to miss this. Just like all of Key's works, it has an extremely wonderful ending. Bittersweet...wonderful...emotional...tearjerking...*snaps back to reality* Anyway, it is a wonderful VN that is definitely worth getting.

Narcissu / Narcissu Side 2nd
Spoiler:
Yeah, the same one TaigaAis recommended. A story of the importance of life. I don't know what else to say. It is a wonderful piece of work that is definitely worth getting.

True Remembrance
Spoiler:
A pretty good VN. I haven't played it in a while, so I can't say much else. It was definitely worth my time, and it probably will be worth yours.

Well, l hope l managed to help even a little.
Back to top Go down
Link2link8
Admin
Link2link8

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:23 am

Planetarian... damn that was good, and sad at the same time.
Back to top Go down
https://angelbeatsvisual.forumotion.co.uk
TaigaAis

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:54 am

Everyone knows about this but, WTH: Little Busters!( Haven't played it though, but it's one of key's works. I'm still looking for a site that has it downloadable for free^^)
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:31 am

TaigaAis wrote:
Everyone knows about this but, WTH: Little Busters!( Haven't played it though, but it's one of key's works. I'm still looking for a site that has it downloadable for free^^)

The Pirate Bay has lots of VN torrents that are still working. I got my Clannad and Ever 17 from that site. Or you could check out the Hongfire forums.
Back to top Go down
TaigaAis

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:33 am

I know this is a bit off topic but, when I download Planetarian it kinda needs a my local settings to be japanese I downloaded it at erogedownload.com. Could this mean I need to have a computer that has japanese settings? ~.~
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:58 am

TaigaAis wrote:
I know this is a bit off topic but, when I download Planetarian it kinda needs a my local settings to be japanese I downloaded it at erogedownload.com. Could this mean I need to have a computer that has japanese settings? ~.~

l think you may need to change your regional settings and language settings a bit if you're having trouble playing or installing the game. Just acess your control panel and search around for Regional And Language Options or something like that. Then change your non-unicode language to Japanese. I think you need to have East Asian language files installed as well.

...l don't remember having to change anything for my version, though.
Back to top Go down
Taigaais

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:45 am

Just one more question, where can I get that east asian language files?
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:06 am

Taigaais wrote:
Just one more question, where can I get that east asian language files?

If you can acess your Regional And Language Options, there should be a box with 'Install files for East...' next to it under 'Languages'. If you tick it, it will automatically download the files. For Windows XP, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visual Novel Suggestions?   Visual Novel Suggestions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visual Novel Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1