Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Angel Beats Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clannad Visual Novel

Go down 
+3
Link2link8
rebellion1991
puppetmaster12
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

Clannad Visual Novel Empty
PostSubject: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Anyone ever played it? Good? Bad?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pupppetmaster12?feature=mhum
rebellion1991

rebellion1991

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 pm

I actually downloaded it , but haven't fully played it. I originally was gonna watch the anime but it got buried under all my anime downloads till I eventually forgot about it. Then I decided to download the VN and again it got buried under all my anime and VN archives that I forgot about it. Now that I remember will give it a playthrough once I get a chance to.
Back to top Go down
Link2link8
Admin
Link2link8

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:20 am

puppetmaster12 wrote:
Anyone ever played it? Good? Bad?

Really enjoyable just like the anime it still brought a tear to my eye, actually I'm pretty sure the VN is more emotional in most cases, varying on which route you go down with, the old art style didn't put me off at first but overall the music and the story did the job in the end.

rebellion1991 wrote:
I actually downloaded it , but haven't fully played it. I originally was gonna watch the anime but it got buried under all my anime downloads till I eventually forgot about it. Then I decided to download the VN and again it got buried under all my anime and VN archives that I forgot about it. Now that I remember will give it a playthrough once I get a chance to.

Watch the anime, remember the story is done by the same person who wrote Angel Beats! and the animation done by the people who did haruhi season 2, trust me you have to watch it, as for the VN you could try and play that after the anime (which I did) plus you get to see how Key makes there visual novels and what angel beats might end up when they release an official visual novel.
Back to top Go down
https://angelbeatsvisual.forumotion.co.uk
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:05 am

Link2link8 wrote:
Really enjoyable just like the anime it still brought a tear to my eye, actually I'm pretty sure the VN is more emotional in most cases, varying on which route you go down with, the old art style didn't put me off at first but overall the music and the story did the job in the end.

Yeah, i also heard from someone else as well that the VN was more emotional than the anime, but i figured i should play the VN before i watch After Story and get too attached to Nagisa

rebellion1991 wrote:

cool, im glad i could be the cause for someone to bring back a good game from their download pile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:47 pm

I had already shed tears to Clannad After Story before I even knew of the existence of a game. I checked a lot of sites, succumbed to the will of mankind and got the VN. But I never found the will to read it since I had finished After Story just a few months ago from when I got it. So I went through it a little yesterday after reading this post and found it easily addicting. The art style may pale compared to Key's newer works like little Busters and the upcoming Rewrite, but still worthy of praise. I had only read it for a couple of minutes or so and I nearly spit out the water I was drinking, as if in response to a certain character doing the same act. You can never get tired of Key humour. I haven't got to the Nakige part of the VN, but I have high expectations of it.

puppetmaster12 wrote:
Yeah, i also heard from someone else as well that the VN was more emotional than the anime, but i figured i should play the VN before i watch After Story and get too attached to Nagisa.

Usually if you read a VN before the anime, the anime doesn't seem all that good. If you watch the anime first, the VN may seem a little boring unless you read it a long time after watching the anime. My choice would be to watch the anime first, then read the VN after a certain period of time has passed and you have forgotten a lot of the anime content. For me it took a year though. Well, this is just my personal opinion, so do it however you like.
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:09 pm

randomanimewatcher wrote:
Usually if you read a VN before the anime, the anime doesn't seem all that good. If you watch the anime first, the VN may seem a little boring unless you read it a long time after watching the anime. My choice would be to watch the anime first, then read the VN after a certain period of time has passed and you have forgotten a lot of the anime content. For me it took a year though. Well, this is just my personal opinion, so do it however you like.

alright, i guess ill do it that way then. if youll excuse me, ima go find After Story now Razz
Back to top Go down
xTinXion07

xTinXion07

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:39 am

I already downloaded and played it ^^ >.<'' Went through a lot of trouble to play it xD
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm

xTinXion07 wrote:
I already downloaded and played it ^^ >.<'' Went through a lot of trouble to play it xD

>.< i know what you mean! it took me alot of time and effort just to install it let alone play it
since i had to mount it to a virtual drive first
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 pm

puppetmaster12 wrote:
xTinXion07 wrote:

>.< i know what you mean! it took me alot of time and effort just to install it let alone play it

Really? Including the extraction of the voice files and english patch, Clannad was ready within the hour. And my computer sucks as it is too.
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:28 pm

puppetmaster12 wrote:
xTinXion07 wrote:

Really? Including the extraction of the voice files and english patch, Clannad was ready within the hour. And my computer sucks as it is too.

yeah, my computer was being a douche that day
Back to top Go down
J3N0V4

J3N0V4

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 am

It's sitting there on the pile of VNs to play along with the rest of Wanko, the rest of Chaos;head and all of Lost Colours. Thank god for the holidays I hope I can get through at least some of them
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 am

J3N0V4 wrote:
It's sitting there on the pile of VNs to play along with the rest of Wanko, the rest of Chaos;head and all of Lost Colours. Thank god for the holidays I hope I can get through at least some of them

your playing Wanko? Very Happy thats what im playing currently as well
Back to top Go down
slasher000

slasher000

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:33 am

after reading some of the posts here i have added the torrent for this VN but havent gotten around to downloading it yet. Ive been wanting to watch the anime but the VN will have to do for now
Back to top Go down
http://vortex-lan.org/forum/index.php
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 am

slasher000 wrote:
after reading some of the posts here i have added the torrent for this VN but havent gotten around to downloading it yet. Ive been wanting to watch the anime but the VN will have to do for now

A number of illegal downloaders we have here, eh? XD

I don't know about the VN since I haven't completed it, but I can say for sure that the anime is great. If I were to choose between saving my country's Prime Minister or a Clannad DVD, I'd...save the Prime Minister. Well, I guess that's the most logical choice...oh, forget I said anything. No matter what, the anime is great and definitely worth getting. You can get them for free from Eclipse and Static-Subs. Sure it's licensed, but who cares? Well, a lot of parties...

...just get the anime if you can.
Back to top Go down
slasher000

slasher000

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm

its recently been aquired by a publisher here in Australia so when i get it, it will be through buying it. That will probebly happen next year somtime
Back to top Go down
http://vortex-lan.org/forum/index.php
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:36 pm

That's good to hear. I have the Clannad series burned in DVD and saved in 4GB USB Flash Drives (or whatever its called). I also have the Clannad DVD from my country...i think my country has some licensing problems, though. They completely ripped off from Eclipse and Static-Subs. Even the karaoke. The same can be said for Index.

Anyway, back to the topic. Does anyone know whether there's a complete English Patch for Clannad out there? I only got to the second day and already Nagisa's name became 'girl' in japanese (onna no ko) or Nagisa in kanji. Its a little weird.
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 pm

i have a complete patch on an SD card around here somewhere, when i find it ill upload it to
megaupload or something and ill give you the link
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 am

That would surely help. Thanks in advance. I hope the save files are still compatible, though. I don't want to have to click through Misae's route again. Rather, I don't want to slowly click through any character route that I finished.

...well, it woudn't kill me, and I'll definitely enjoy the other routes more without occasional japanese words popping out. I have plenty of time during the holidays anyway.
Back to top Go down
Link2link8
Admin
Link2link8

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:19 am

That would surely help. Thanks in advance. I hope the save files are still compatible, though. I don't want to have to click through Misae's route again. Rather, I don't want to slowly click through any character route that I finished.

...well, it woudn't kill me, and I'll definitely enjoy the other routes more without occasional japanese words popping out. I have plenty of time during the holidays anyway.

I had trouble installing clannad a while back, you had to do something like change the region settings to japan or something around those lines before or after you install the game and patch, then it should work. (sorry I installed it a long time ago so it's all to confusing for me)
Back to top Go down
https://angelbeatsvisual.forumotion.co.uk
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:49 am

It was pretty simple for me as I got Clannad after Symphonic Rain. I spent a whole day trying to figure it out and it turned out that re-installing it after setting a few things to Japanese would enable me to play it with the English patch and voice intact. I never bothered to change the settings back to English, so I installed Clannad and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo quite easily.

As for the patch, there were several kanji letters that popped up, most notably when Sunohara was flying. There were also some mistakes here and there. It was a little irritating since I reached the climax of the arc, and that one sentence denied everything that happened before. Oh, well. It is hard to translate stuff, so I should be grateful.
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:10 am

That's good to hear. I have the Clannad series burned in DVD and saved in 4GB USB Flash Drives (or whatever its called). I also have the Clannad DVD from my country...i think my country has some licensing problems, though. They completely ripped off from Eclipse and Static-Subs. Even the karaoke. The same can be said for Index.

Anyway, back to the topic. Does anyone know whether there's a complete English Patch for Clannad out there? I only got to the second day and already Nagisa's name became 'girl' in japanese (onna no ko) or Nagisa in kanji. Its a little weird.

Here you go. srry i couldn't upload it in one folder, megaupload has an upload cap of 1GB. just combine the 2 folders and move all the numbered folders into the KOE folder from part one

Part One: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCEID5K6
Part Two: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ACUCEHX6
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:38 am

Geh, that's large. How long will it take to download it with less than 1.2 KB per second......okay, let's see. The total size of the two files add up to approximately 1,093,720 KB...? My current Winzip file with English translation patch and voice files is 1,119,513 KB...

Erm...somehow it doesn't add up. My version of the patch is 0.97 (i think). What version is yours?
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:14 am

Geh, that's large. How long will it take to download it with less than 1.2 KB per second......okay, let's see. The total size of the two files add up to approximately 1,093,720 KB...? My current Winzip file with English translation patch and voice files is 1,119,513 KB...

Erm...somehow it doesn't add up. My version of the patch is 0.97 (i think). What version is yours?

erm... cant really say for sure, the only text document i have is in Japanese silent
Back to top Go down
randomanimewatcher

randomanimewatcher

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:29 am

Hmm...for my patch there's a few japanese characters popping around sometimes and Nagisa's name undergoes quite a change. I noticed a few mistakes too. Does your version have the same problems?
Back to top Go down
puppetmaster12

puppetmaster12

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:32 am

Hmm...for my patch there's a few japanese characters popping around sometimes and Nagisa's name undergoes quite a change. I noticed a few mistakes too. Does your version have the same problems?

so-far where i am in the game there have been no errors what-so-ever, im defiantly past the part where sunohara goes flying and there were no kanji letters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clannad Visual Novel   Clannad Visual Novel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clannad Visual Novel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next